Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Radiance Sutra 88


        88

bhrantva bhrantva sharirena
tva ritam bhuvi patant
kshobha shakti viraamena
para sanjayate dasha 

Wander and wander to the point of exhaustion,
Whirl until you lose all control,
Dance until you are ready to drop.

Then Drop!
Fall to the earth. Surrender to the swirl of sensations
Surging through your form.
Dissolve in awe as arising energies 
Continue to dance in your inner world.

Beyond motion and commotion,
Become the body of ecstasy.


Read this today in my yoga class. It seemed appropriate as I was hearing my friends and myself talk about how tiring the holidays can be. We decided that the exhaustion typically comes from trying to be and make everything just so perfect. Here's to falling to the earth and surrendering. Beyond motion and commotion! LOVE IT!
My inner monologue today "Keep practicing, keep practicing, keep practicing. Laugh a bit more and take yourslef less seriously."  
Or as John Friend said in a workshop this summer "Be seriously joyful!"
Shanti!

1 comment:

  1. Watching my daughter twirl and twirl and twirl until she gets so dizzy that she falls to the floor laughing is one of the most beautiful things in the world to me.

    ReplyDelete